Simple solution to ditching your jeans or pants? Leggings, yes
They are the must have for any day but are you wearing them correctly?
2011 is the year to show of those leggings.
They are one of the hottest fashion trends for 2011. Is it the versatility of styles or the comfortable fit? The fact is that leggings are a must have fashion item for 2011.
When wearing leggings pair them with a top, t-shirt, sweater or blouse that falls just past the hips. The key element for wearing leggings is to create a layered look that flatters your figure.
Leggings can also be worn with a variety of shoe and boot styles. Wear ankle booties, knee high boots, high pumps or wedge heels. Add some funky jewelry, a scarf and a chic two handle handbag and you are ready to go.
HOW TO WEAR YOUR LEGGINGS:
Buy a variety of leggings to change the look of your clothes. You can find them today in black, colors, textures and pattern.Choose black leggings to wear with long sweaters and dresses.
Add some color to a black dress or top with brightly-colored leggings.Make a short skirt work in the fall or winter with leggings in a coordinating color.Look leaner by matching your leggings with your clothes.
Update a classic or conservative dress with leggings to give it more of an edge.Add a long cardigan with leggings and a fitted shirt for the comfort of a sweat suit but with a much higher style quota.
Realize you can wear leggings as an alternative to pants or substitute them for tights. Use your imagination to make them work with your wardrobe and your lifestyle.
QUESTION: SHOULD MEN WEAR LEGGINGS? POST US YOUR COMMENT
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Skinny-leg jeans look great on models and celebrities, but can real women pull off this runway look? Sure, if you follow a few guidelines:
- The most slimming look comes from skinny jeans in a dark blue or black wash.
- You don't have to go with skin-tight jeans to get the look of the trend: jeans vary from super-skinny (usually about a 10" leg opening) to a kinder, straight-leg cut (about 14" leg opening).
- One of the key elements for pulling off skinny jeans is to balance it with volume on top including dolman-sleeve tops, bell-sleeve tops or tunics.
- Disguise heavy thighs by wearing a longer, belted tunic over skinny jeans.
- Cover up thick calves by tucking skinny jeans into tall boots.
- Wear heels with skinny jeans for a leg-lengthening look; pointy-toed flats also work.
Hey all you hotties out there! We are proud to launch our awesome website, Mzansi's Hot Assets; where you can win awesome cash prizes for entering our competitions!
Move on over to www.hotassets.co.za to see what all the hype is about!
You can give us feedback, 'cause this website is for you!